• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Review: pictures

Pat Dwyer

Lately I have been adding quite few pictures to my Abandoned America site.......The adds on plus the time working on it can be immense............ Can everyone on here take a look at some of the NEWER pictures on it by hitting the site once, that way i can have the luxury of knowing at least peopel are browsing it. This helps. http://www.patdwyer.weebly.com

If possible mouse click all pictures..Also post some reviews, lately no one has posted any reviews in weeks..................

Pat Dwyer

img-9373_orig.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
not very impressed by all the red gel filters.
some nice old houses

Cody,

I think I can defend the red color!

The idea of using filters here, I believe is to create a different way of viewing the world. To my mind, at least, an artist has to satisfy their own need to export personal ideas to the real world. At a minimium the resulting object must satisfy its creator.

Such personal art then has to compete with attention to the rest of us and that doesn't happen a lot of the time. Still, this very individual process is important. It takes a long time for such work to jump the gap and become magnetic. There are a lot of ideas to process and the works have to feed back to the photographer and guide rethinking and reformulating concepts and modes of execution.

This individual process is like the early attempts to fly with attached wings. The potential cannot be denied and admired. At least that is my own view.

These pictures are very different than simply clicking thrvshutter of an automatic camera with all the settings pre decided by technicians in Japan!

Asher

Peter Dexter

I looked and certainly the exaggerated (often pleasantly) color details is the hook. I think there are many on the site that would be of more interest than the one posted above.

Marc Lamontagne

First posted photo

Wow,

First thread I look at and see this...

I am personally fascinated by the photography of light sources. This picture and Asher's comment give me hope that I will not spend the next 20 years perfecting a photography style that will never see...the light...of day. To borrow Cody White's expression: I AM impressed by the intensity of the colored lights in this photograph. The subject also evokes a story to me.

Here is one of the first samples of what I am eager to do. What does it remind anybody of? Please don't look for composition or the basic picture behind this effect. Does it evoke anything you have ever seen before?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=907945136033540&set=gm.2069301766716309&type=3&theater

photo.php

Last edited: