• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help With an Epson 9880?

Walter Hobbs

I have only shown my work in the past two years and have several digital cameras and two Epson printers.

Right now I am having trouble creating and printing (Epson 9880) with custom print sizes on 36" roll paper - can't seem to figure out how to print 28x42 - keep getting a small section of the image printed in a corner of the paper. Any Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Graham

Walter,

Some more info might help, like what program you're printing from, file sizes, maybe some screenshots of your print dialog box(es) and drivers.

It's hard to pin anything down from the info you provided, fill us in and maybe someone can help.

Bill

Walter Hobbs

Thanks Bill - I have been trying to use Jon Cone's Piezography system. Since my last post I have uninstalled and am starting over. Here is my current problem: After I install the Quadtone RIP printer driver for the 9880 (apparently successfully) I open CS4 and attempt to print an image the printer initiates as if it is going to print and then just feeds the paper and no print. I am using a Mac G5 with CS4. The same thing happens on my 3800. I can print on each using Espon drivers. Any expirience with Roy Harrington's QTR software?

Thanks, Walter

Bill Graham

Sorry, Walter, I have no experience with the QTR or OSX. You might want to check out their support page, it lists a couple of Yahoo groups and Roy's email address.

I did see one post with your same problem on the Yahoo group but no answers. The release notes for v2.6.2 contains the following caution:

"Attention to Mac users of Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2.1 under OSX 10.5 Leopard
There are color management problems with B&W printing with both Epson ABW and QTR.
Until that is resolved its best to keep CS3 loaded on your machine and use that
for printing."

Wish I could be of more help,
Bill

Walter Hobbs

Piezography & Epson 9880

Thanks for the interest Bill - I spent a few days tracking down the problem - ultimately deleted all the printer drivers I had and re-downloaded and installed them - it worked. I am able to print B&W prints to the 9880. The Piezography inks look great on cotton rag - I am using Canson Infinity Photo Rag...six shades of black/gray make the tonal quality very smooth. I did finally see Roy Harrington's warning re: CS4 and QTR and I switched to CS3 for printing. Thanks again.

Walter

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the interest Bill - I spent a few days tracking down the problem - ultimately deleted all the printer drivers I had and re-downloaded and installed them - it worked. I am able to print B&W prints to the 9880. The Piezography inks look great on cotton rag - I am using Canson Infinity Photo Rag...six shades of black/gray make the tonal quality very smooth. I did finally see Roy Harrington's warning re: CS4 and QTR and I switched to CS3 for printing. Thanks again.

Walter
and you are now happy the issue is solved?