• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi there!

Damir Tiljak

Hi

I am from Zagreb - Croatia. My interests in photography spread over various genres. I do a lot of teaching now days, as it is difficult to live from photography as a photographer.

This forum is gold mine for me, as in discussions about photography I can recognize questions that my students, and members of my club always ask me.

I am also president of Fotoklub Zagreb (Camera club Zagreb) which have photographic gallery in very center of Zagreb. I always search around for interesting artists who may want to do exhibition in our gallery.

I will need some time to browse through this forum, to see how it function, what is interesting to members, therefore my activities will not be very high at the beginning. I am glad that I found you.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Damir,

Hi

I am from Zagreb - Croatia. My interests in photography spread over various genres. I do a lot of teaching now days, as it is difficult to live from photography as a photographer.

This forum is gold mine for me, as in discussions about photography I can recognize questions that my students, and members of my club always ask me.

I am also president of Fotoklub Zagreb (Camera club Zagreb) which have photographic gallery in very center of Zagreb. I always search around for interesting artists who may want to do exhibition in our gallery.

I will need some time to browse through this forum, to see how it function, what is interesting to members, therefore my activities will not be very high at the beginning. I am glad that I found you.

Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to working with you.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi

Hi Tamir,
Can't wait to see your images and learn more about you. Don't be shy! :)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

I'd love your students to being to us life and architecture from Zagreb. That would be such a rich treat. I'll make a Prefix to use for your club, perhaps : Zagreb Live:

You have rich architecture, old villages nearby, modern structures and endless urban scenes that would be a welcome treat.

Asher

Damir Tiljak

Sorry Asher, I am not encourage them to do such photography. This is not regular school, although I worked like a teacher in photography school (high school level). This is school for adults who have daily job and try to pursue photography as a hobby on higher level, although around 10% of them change their professions and become professional photographers after they finished my programme. I try to give them something they can not reach without my help, like fashion, beauty, glamour, nude, studio... I also have strong bias to more artistic part of photography. A lot of abstract photography recently, also impressionism even cubism in photography. I am trying to teach them to think out of box, to be free and most of all to enjoy what they do.

On the other hand in our camera club we have a lot of such photography you mentioned in your post, we even have exhibition that we do every year for Zagreb’s day for more than 30 years. Last four years we had thematic approach, like Sport and recreations, Parks and nature, Monuments and history, and finally Sacral objects.

We are now in holiday season, during September club and school will start again with work, and I will inform my students and club members about your site. I can also post some of their photos, but I need to get their permission first.

Until then you can browse through “my” site – it is not site with my photographs, but site about photography with many lessons that I wrote, also news and events. It is neglected by me during last four years, as I become president of Fotoklub Zagreb which took a lot of my time and energy. Here is one link that you can find interesting:

http://fot-o-grafiti.hr/galerija/marko-vrdoljak-amazing-zagreb

Damir

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sorry Asher, I am not encourage them to do such photography. This is not regular school, although I worked like a teacher in photography school (high school level). This is school for adults who have daily job and try to pursue photography as a hobby on higher level, although around 10% of them change their professions and become professional photographers after they finished my programme. I try to give them something they can not reach without my help, like fashion, beauty, glamour, nude, studio... I also have strong bias to more artistic part of photography. A lot of abstract photography recently, also impressionism even cubism in photography. I am trying to teach them to think out of box, to be free and most of all to enjoy what they do.

On the other hand in our camera club we have a lot of such photography you mentioned in your post, we even have exhibition that we do every year for Zagreb’s day for more than 30 years. Last four years we had thematic approach, like Sport and recreations, Parks and nature, Monuments and history, and finally Sacral objects.

We are now in holiday season, during September club and school will start again with work, and I will inform my students and club members about your site. I can also post some of their photos, but I need to get their permission first.

Until then you can browse through “my” site – it is not site with my photographs, but site about photography with many lessons that I wrote, also news and events. It is neglected by me during last four years, as I become president of Fotoklub Zagreb which took a lot of my time and energy. Here is one link that you can find interesting:

http://fot-o-grafiti.hr/galerija/marko-vrdoljak-amazing-zagreb

Damir

Well then,

I will then bring you the sights along Sunset Boulevard from Los Angeles to the beach and the Pacific Ocean.

Also I'll post in the "beauty, glamour, nude, studio…" area, but more art than glamor. you might like my lighting using inexpensive primitive Lumedyne strobes often bounced from white foam board if that will interest your group.

Asher