• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Prisoner

K.Hannah

To see over the wall, this dog, climbed, up a pile or boxes, onto a braai place, up the chimney and then leaned over the wall so we could bark at passers by.

33350637436_69356605df_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
To see over the wall, this dog, climbed, up a pile or boxes, onto a braai place, up the chimney and then leaned over the wall so we could bark at passers by.

33350637436_69356605df_b.jpg

Once again your titles set the milieu for context and reflection about the human condition. This is going to be a fabulous collection.

More than a few folk advocate that "The picture should speak for itself"......and much of the time they are right.

Still, brilliant titles refocus our brains and then the picture becomes a word of language with references, a library of experience and meaning that extends far beyond "What is" to "What could be" and that's where humor can be expressed, as in this case!

Asher

K.Hannah

Once again your titles set the milieu for context and reflection about the human condition. This is going to be a fabulous collection.

More than a few folk advocate that "The picture should speak for itself"......and much of the time they are right.

Still, brilliant titles refocus our brains and then the picture becomes a word of language with references, a library of experience and meaning that extends far beyond "What is" to "What could be" and that's where humor can be expressed, as in this case!

Asher

Thank you Asher :) I think I have had an inspired day today with titles.

I think that titles are an important part of a photograph. They give the context of an idea, they are a leading thought, a hint as to what the story might be. So important to try and get write, just as if you were titling a written story.

Humour makes the world worth living in :)

Asher Kelman

But what do you think of the adage that the picture should "speak for itself"? How often is that true for your own work and your expectations of the work of others?

Asher

K.Hannah

But what do you think of the adage that the picture should "speak for itself"? How often is that true for your own work and your expectations of the work of others?

Asher

I think that every photo is a story and that it should tell a story. Be it of a rainy day or a great momentous time in history. That being said, like real stories, the kind that come in book form, a title is a part of that, yes the story should still be readable without it but... it does add something to a piece to have a great title.

Asher Kelman

I think that every photo is a story and that it should tell a story. Be it of a rainy day or a great momentous time in history. That being said, like real stories, the kind that come in book form, a title is a part of that, yes the story should still be readable without it but... it does add something to a piece to have a great title.

Best answer I have had!

Fits in with what both side believe!

Asher