• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chinatown

James Lemon

i-7czSjxf-L.jpg

James Lemon

We are noit sure whehter he is concerned about you, a little frightened or is about to let you in to buy some sepcial herbs or tea?

Asher

Hi Asher

One has to be fearless when taking photos on the street especially in Chinatown. This is a tight knit community and some folk are apprehensive of strangers with cameras. These people seem to intuitively know when someone is trying to take their picture. I don't try to hide anything and most of the time I don't know if they speak English or not. So I will communicate using simple gestures by pointing at them and then to my lens most of the time they give me a nod of their head yes or no.

This gentleman was congenial about it, though I did catch him a bit off guard while he was opening his shop. I like ambiguous photographs that don't tell the whole story!

James