• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

i like my ricoh... sony...nikon..whatever but little...

some weeks ago i was in thailand and i made a trip with a friend of mine and his family, - he is also a photographer.....
he had just received the new sinar m together to use it together with the emotion22 ( aside with many other nice tools..... ) me i had for the shooting a 5d, a 1ds2 and my new gottschalt camera with a bundle of sinaron lenses and also an emotion22.
we had to smile when we were out and realized that we have left both our great equipement at home, he shot with his little 5mp sony and me with my ricon 8gx.....

so i just was in italy,- doing the same. travelling with the ricoh. i really like it. ( ofcourse i want the image to be unsharp.... 1sec exp. handheld )

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rainer,

Now I'm jealous of even more things:

Your trip to Italy: I love Italy.

Your new Gottschalt camera!

Those Sinaron lenses

and of course the digital back!

So the least thing you must do, so we don't get dehydrated salivating, is to post those Ricoh pics!

BTW, you must have used the new Gottschalt camera at least part of the time?

Asher

i am shy to answer.....: no.
cause who is allways loosing if i take cameras to holiday trips is my family.... and i really wanted to spend some days with them,- so: ricoh.
will lokk for posting pics tomorrow....

images

more and more i like digital b+w.

Attachments

• RIMG0091.jpg
    RIMG0091.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 262
  • RIMG0156sw.jpg
    RIMG0156sw.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I recognize the Mao picturec in that banner on the building overlooking the Grand Canal in Venice. It reminds me of Andy Warhal's famous picture, so I guess there is a major exhibition of his work right now.

From where did you take that sharp picture? I can't imagine you were on a vaporettta!

The first 4 pictures with the soft motion blur are very interesting vand deconstructive of the architecture.

I really like them.

Maybe, like desaturation, blur gets rid of "stuff" that detracts from the art of the picture.

My kind wishes,

Asher

Asher Kelman

............and the Mao exhibit, was it Andy Warhal and did you miss it?

Maybe you can still go?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jeff your pictures are wonderful.

So great of you to share. My internet was down most of yesterday. I have new equipment and am happy to be back in online.

I love italy. It has such richness in treasures. I am going to look at all the pictures when I move from my Powerbook to my Eizo monitor to really enjoy them. For that, my fresh cup of British tea is essential.

I'll post again later.

Asher

Jeff Donovan

I agree. I could have filled my memory card in Florence. The Duomo is so ornate and the details are as amazing as the entire building.

I can't wait to go back and explore more of Rome and travel south to Pompeii, Capri and Sicily.

Also I make the disclaimer that I knew nothing about photography while taking these shots. I just aimed and shot (hence most of the objects of the photos are centered.)