• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography Review's Review of K10D

There is a new review on the K10D at Photography Review. My only critique is the question of apparent sharpness. This is what I wrote based on my own usage:

Hello John;

I found the review very insightful except for an issue or two. As a past sponsor of Canon and now Pentax, I found the issue of the K10D compared to the XTi/D400 not quite accurate in my own usage. In fact one of the most credible photo magazines in Europe, "Chasseur D'Images" in there most up to date testing methodology, had to downgrade the resolution results of the Canon and Nikon and in their test rated the K10D number one at 6.2, followed by the Canon 400D at 5.6, the Sony Alpha at 5.4, Nikon D80 at 5.3 and Olympus E400 at 5.2. This is a very rigorous test found on page 145 in the Jan-Feb 2007 Issue. In the printing of my images on A3+ for my portfolio, the images are stunning. In fact the Pentax beat all of the contenders at all ISO's.

Regards
Ben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Benjamin,

Could you link us to the sources so they will appear here? I's especially like to learn the criteria and methodology used and what cameras were included.

Thanks for letting us in to this important set of findings on the resolution of the K10D.

Asher

Article

Hi Benjamin,

Could you link us to the sources so they will appear here? I's especially like to learn the criteria and methodology used and what cameras were included.

Thanks for letting us in to this important set of findings on the resolution of the K10D.

Asher

The "Chaseur D'Images is a hard copy magazine. It is issue 290 and may appear on their web site shortly.

http://www2.photim.com/info/Sommaire.php

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I looked on their site, an I couldn't see where tovget hte magazine. I guess it is the same im print as online?

Asher