• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Response from HOYA HQ to My Letter to Them

Letter From HOYA to Me re: My Letter to them:

Hello Mr. Kanarek,

Thank you for your comment in regards to Hoya and Pentax merger.

It is still too early to talk about what will happen after TOB because we are still under discussion, but we would like to let you know what we think about Pentax camera business and our merger.

As you already know, Pentax is one of Japan's best-known camera makers with worldwide brand recognition and a nealy 90-year history, and HOYA respects it very much. We appreciate Pentax's excellent technology, products and brand. We believe that two companies are the best partners and by integrating both companies' skills and technologies, we can grow much bigger. That's the reason why we are offering tender offer.

Hoya is a manufacuturer, not investors or fund managers. We do M&A in order to strengthen our business, not to chop them up and sell. HOYA believes Pentax will be able to continue inventing excellent products to meet its customer needs, and we can support in many ways.

We are so glad to know that Pentax is working with a talented artist like you. We'd appreciate your continuous support.
If there are any quesitons, please feel free to contact us anytime.

GHQ
CEO

Steve Saunders

Hi Benjamin. That's a fairly predictable response, ie polite but not giving away any secrets. Nice that they took the time to reply.

Yes, but, this part: "We do M&A in order to strengthen our business, not to chop them up and sell.", doesn't seem to fit with the tone of the rest of the letter, no?

So that is my optimistic takeaway! =D

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the update Ben,

That Pentax K10D camera line and the new MF model are is so needed right now.

Otherwise the Pro marketplace will have less competition.

A well priced Pentax along with the Kodak-sinar-Leaf consortium supporting the new Hy6 platform and could help prevent hegemony by "king" Hassleblad" and hard to approach pricing. A lot of us would like to upgrade to better pixels. Pentax is an important part of this opening for us.

So keep up the work with Hoya!

Asher