• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

C1-4 Need some help, Please

Ron Morse

I always liked C1 but stopped using it after C1-4 came out. I really like the program but have a lot of trouble opening my CR2s at times. I usually go to DPP first to look at my images and delete the ones I don't want. Sometimes I can then open them in C1-4 and sometimes I can't. It says loading but never loads. It will give the EXIF information for the files it won't open.

Today I opened every image on one card but the other card with 76 images on it would only open 6 images. All CR2 RAWs. I had looked at all these in DPP first. I don't know if DPP is doing this or not.

I would appreciate any ideas.

I always liked C1 but stopped using it after C1-4 came out. I really like the program but have a lot of trouble opening my CR2s at times.

Hi Ron,

I have no problems opening my (various Canon) Raws (on Win XP Pro). Maybe there are other factors involved? Please give some more background about your processing environment and how your Raws are transferred to the storage modality.

Bart

Ron Morse

Hi Bart.

I imported them into C1-4 and they opened tonight. Windows vista.

I used to be able to open them from the card reader. At least I can open them now that I know that importing them will work. I wonder if vista has anything to do with it?