• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dog Fight

Bear Dale

This was a water bomber coming down to fill up with water to fight a bushfire, it looked like the pilot was lining me up for a strafing run.

43263059285_a8fab97f57_h.jpg

Chris Calohan

Just for clarification and while it doesn't diminish the quality of the image, it does tend to diminish the impact upon opening, but a strafing run is one thing and a dog fight, quite another, always involving two aircraft.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great engineering on these planes! Are these planes an Aussie product?

Never heard of pontoon planes for fires here? But I am no expert! Actually I am pretty ignorant!

Asher

Bear Dale

Just for clarification and while it doesn't diminish the quality of the image, it does tend to diminish the impact upon opening, but a strafing run is one thing and a dog fight, quite another, always involving two aircraft.

Well it 'could' have been a dogfight if I'd been in another plane :)

The photo actually looks like I was :)

But, yes, I take your point!

Bear Dale

Great engineering on these planes! Are these planes an Aussie product?

Never heard of pontoon planes for fires here? But I am no expert! Actually I am pretty ignorant!

Asher

Asher, I don't know much about them except that they are owned by the Rural Fire Service.

43451504944_1d0cd3bff9_b.jpg

Peter Dexter

Yikes! Those are beauties but where do they load water, in the pontoons? And I'm so glad no dogs were harmed in this post.