• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography of my current Abstract Sculpture Fabrication in Ribbons of steel!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
http://openphotographyforums.com/AK13/DSC03878[/url] Journey Front.jpg[/JPG]

[img]http://openphotographyforums.com/AK13/DSC03879[/url] Journey Side.jpg[p/IMG]

Asher Kelman: [I]Journey[/I]

I/8th Steel Wire Maquette for Sculpture in 1" Welded Steel

Asher Kelman

I work with 1/8th steel wire salvaged from a wonderfully impressive but discarded decorative steel mesh.

DSC03878 Journey Front.jpg

DSC03879 Journey Side.jpg

Asher Kelman: Journey

Asher

James Lemon

I work with 1/8th steel wire salvaged from a wonderfully impressive but discarded decorative steel mesh.

DSC03879 Journey Side.jpg

Asher

Nice contrast! Will this be its home living with right angles as its cousins?

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

This is to be in another room! It's one maquette, front and side view! Norte that the notches and kinks in the steel are just residuals of the recycled steel rods I am using. These will be smoothed out in the subsequent 3D model!

I have my stuff everywhere and need to negotiate with my wife for the space!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Wire_Art_2_2_800.jpg

Wire_Art_2_800.jpg

Computer generated 3D model from "Structure™" 3D scan 2015

As you can see, the original kinks in the steel the wire have been smoothed out!

Asher

Lee Tracy

Oh gosh, but those kinks are so much a part of the feel of the piece. They give it a very grounded and natural feel in opposition to the clinicalness of the steel. There is a 'wateriness' to the kinks connecting the image of the fish to its natural environment.

Absolutely beautiful piece. I hope you are going to keep the original sculpture. It is unique in its own right.

Asher Kelman

Oh gosh, but those kinks are so much a part of the feel of the piece. They give it a very grounded and natural feel in opposition to the clinicalness of the steel. There is a 'wateriness' to the kinks connecting the image of the fish to its natural environment.

Absolutely beautiful piece. I hope you are going to keep the original sculpture. It is unique in its own right.

Wow! You found a fish! What would Sigmund Freud say?

Yes it's a wonderful creature!m

Thanks for visiting!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It isn't a fish? It looks fish-like ... head one end, tail the other .... or is it a sculptural Rorschach test?

Now you have exposed the obvious fish, I won't be able to keep people in the dark!

The idea is actually to create a playground for the mind. You bring your connections to it and it will host you while you wander around, imagining connections, possibilities and even moving of boundaries!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher, I am doubly and duly impressed. First the vision, followed by the execution.

Excellent work, doctor.

Best.

Fahim,

This is still a work in progress. Now I have to bend and weld 1" steel to that shape and then polish it and paint it red! Above is my computer generated version, coming from a scan!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I too saw a fish immediately before comments- I love the piece being a Pisces relates so well. The delicate nature of the sculpture is so very valid and striking- Also an upside down bird!! Nice to imagine this piece.

Charlotte-