• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Birds of Princes Park

Jarmo Juntunen

(...with Edinburgh Castle looming in the back).

_img1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

_img1280.jpg

Fahim's exactly on target!

You talk of "birds" around there we are not looking for feathers, just the local friendlies who will show us around, share some great places to visit and celebrate the best of times!

I am not homesick because here every time my heart turns upside down meeting a new one of them, I get a new muse!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Cool down you two. I went there with my wife. She reads this. Now go Google the kind of birds you need. They are out there, in the web, so I've been told.

Asher Kelman

Cool down you two. I went there with my wife. She reads this. Now go Google the kind of birds you need. They are out there, in the web, so I've been told.

It's just the vernacular.

Once someone even insinuates which they are thinking of, tvere's a natural group effect for that meaning: just how language or saying something is hot or cold - very context dependent.m

This usage comes from the 1950s and 1960's!

Just like in Los Angeles the Bruins are sports figures not bears!

Asher

Asher Kelman

_img1280.jpg

Now back to your picture Jarmo, as if afahim had not diverted my thoughts from the stunning castle and the fluttering wings amongst the trees. I imagine that there is a lot of hunting their by raptors taking advantage of the thermals that rise above the castle to circle for prey.

Asher

Last edited:

Jarmo Juntunen

Now back to your picture Jarmo, as if afahim had not diverted my thoughts from the stunning castle and the fluttering wings amongst the trees. I imagine that there is a lot of hunting their by raptors taking advantage of the thermals that rise above the castle to circle for prey.

Asher

I suppose so. The castle is so crowded even in February that we didn't go in this time. I'm guessing the wildlife around such places are very used to people, though.

Jarmo

Hauntingly beautiful...

Charlotte-

Thank you so much, Charlotte!