• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dedicated

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
BTW, Wolfgang,

Was "dedicated", in your title, a subtle sort of pun on "dead" and "desiccated"?

?

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

honestly I had to look for the verbs, but the idea is great ... :)

But the story is this:
When we started with these tulips this year, they constantly reminded me of the great stilllifes painted by the great old dutch painters. In some of them you find these tulips too.
So when I had this arrangement with the vase and the tulips I wanted to do something similar to that.

With the help of TopazLabs' Impression I tried just to hit the edge to what may seem as a painting on the tulip in the foreground ... at subjects like these tulips I love to find the uncertainity, the subtle visual changing or shimmering between photography and painting.