• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Photography Central America

Robert Watcher

Out wandering the streets today. One handheld camera (Olympus E-PL3) and one lens (45mm f1.8) only.

9378DF4A-58C8-4387-8DCF-1903013B925B.jpg

73E11A9F-77FC-458F-8FE2-7C152A3F1F64.jpg

E2AF5295-0BAC-4826-93CC-39F39D21D9CB.jpg

A71E068C-E2D9-43CD-84B1-52ABEF8A8751.jpg

0C4C4C11-2501-4854-8DE9-762CE85267C4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Oh my goodness, Robert!

How can you come across such fabulous and energetic shots! Damn good. Even if you sinned, the Angel Gabriel will put his foot in the down elevator door and tank you our as his personal documentarian! Such shots are so rich and fabulous.

I don't count this as have responded to the pictures, as each one is deserving of attention!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Oh my goodness, Robert!

How can you come across such fabulous and energetic shots! Damn good. Even if you sinned, the Angel Gabriel will put his foot in the down elevator door and tank you our as his personal documentarian! Such shots are so rich and fabulous.

I don't count this as have responded to the pictures, as each one is deserving of attention!

Asher

Very kind of you Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Robert this series is absolutely fabulous!
So rich with colours, lights, captured movements and so precise framing!
I also love, when I'm on vacation, to shoot with one lens only, one have to concentrate much more on framing!
Thank you for sharing these : )
BTW An interesting social study could be made with this series, especially with the influence of the "smart" phones…

Robert Watcher

Robert this series is absolutely fabulous!
So rich with colours, lights, captured movements and so precise framing!
I also love, when I'm on vacation, to shoot with one lens only, one have to concentrate much more on framing!
Thank you for sharing these : )
BTW An interesting social study could be made with this series, especially with the influence of the "smart" phones…

Thank you Nicolas

Asher Kelman

Robert,

Brilliant! Simply unbeatable craft! You didn't just ace the shot...

....... you have slain us too!

What are they discussing? Does it matter? They are not in a hurry and the relationship itself is the subject. If this was on a theater stage we'd think, "What a creative director! He really set up both characters in one brilliant staging decision as tonposition, postures and where they look!"

This kind of shot is easily of the standard that Bresson liked to reach himself, when he was at his best. I think you are his equal but do it in color! I am not sure what is more difficult, seeing those poses are capturing it in color which add such difficult layers of complexity with the colors that each shout and scream emotionally, trying to distract us. But you do this with aplomb!

I challenge others to seek a favorite to connect with and bond to!

9D081186-3CDB-41CF-A631-10B36323AC0E.jpg

8C90098F-2CF7-4B7D-A86C-33006D581ACD.jpg

D85E3D68-4C23-41FF-8D6A-4D6FEAF37917.jpg

DEFC0525-2EC3-4267-9182-5994456356F5.jpg

I only commented on the first picture in this set of images, but that is just for now!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I very much appreciate your sentiments Asher.

Sometimes I wish that I had more insights into what was going on in my images - but these scenes just seem to always present themself to me. I snap and often move on two steps to the next scene without any dialogue. LOL

A funny thing with the last shot of the girl selling oranges. When she saw me walking toward her with my camera at my waist - she reached up to her face, I presumed to cover it from the camera. It all happened so fast, and when I look at the pic after the fact, she may be making a nasty gesture that I stink or something like that. What did take her hand away from her face was 3 steps later when she was close enough to me that she went into her sales pitch to sell me on her produce. The possibility of money overrode alli inhibitions. In case you are wondering, I did not buy anything. And fact is, she isn’t sure that I took a picture.

——

Robert Watcher

I should tell the story behind this image. I witnessed it.

So half a block before I took this shot, a fellow walks past me from the front and only a few seconds later, a fellow passes me from behind, bends over and picks up something off the ground. He looks around (later I realize to see if the fellow now behind me, noticed) - thumbs through the wallet as he is walking along.

I notice up the street that he is approaching a lady with a bag on her head and fruit in her hand - the lady stops him and talks to him while pointing in my direction - presumably to the man far behind me by now - then she takes the wallet from the man and heads in my direction to return the wallet to its owner. Even though I grabbed 3 similar shots, this one struck me with the look of astonishment - or probably disappointment on the mans face as he looks back at her walking away. And I can sure see the annoyance and determination in her face.

NOW - DOESN’T THAT PUT A DIFFERENT SLANT ON THIS PHOTOGRAPH.

———

Asher Kelman

Once again, the idea that a good picture must "Speak for itself!" Is again shown to be a superficial statement, at least in this unique case, LOL!

Asher