• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I am so upset - no battery charger

Robert Watcher

This is really rediculous. Anne and I have to leave Guatemala every three months to “renew our visa”, it is called. I have been anticipating this 3 day trip to Tapachula Mexico, for some time so that my daily images will have a different look based on unique logistics.

We got to Mexico today by chicken bus - a 6 hour trip through the mountains - only to find when I headed in the rain to take pics, that my camera was dead. I thought it was fried, until I looked in the battery compartment and there was no battery. Immediately that implied that I left my battery back home in the charger. I couldn’t believe I did something so stupid.

I returned to the hotel, and realized that I had thrown a battery from my E-PL3 in my backpack, and it fits the E-M10 camera that I have with me. A bit of a sigh of relieve until I put it in and turned on the camera and saw 2 bars of green. It will probably give me a few shots and then will die. And I don’t have a charger for it because the charger is charging my main battery at home. Oh brother!

So I have 3 more days of no shooting in a spectacular environment, ahead of me. I’ll stretch out the bit of battery I have left by turning the camera on and off only when there is something really unique in my view. And then I will have to burn some battery wirelessly uploading a few images so I can process and share them on my iPad.

Here is a shot from this evening. We currently have torrential rains falling as we walk the streets.

5F14E4A4-7B67-475B-90CE-4C763E5858FB.jpg

———-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For such a common camera, surely there are charger available!

Can’t one buy a battery or have one delivered by Amazon Prime, LOL!

How about your cell phone?

Asher

Jerome Marot

Maybe you camera can charge its battery when connected with USB. Many can. If it does, you can use the charger from a smartphone.

Edit: actually Olympus cameras do not seem to allow charging with USB. Probably your best option is to find a charger in Mexico. There are cheap chargers of chinese origin which exist for a wealth of battery types. Basically, they are all the same charger with a passive adapter plate for the particular battery type so any model could do when adding wires to make the connection. Some local shop can probably help you, they are often quite apt at finding ad hoc solutions. Just don't overcharge your battery (don't leave it overnight, for example).