• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Last gasp HS football

Mark Alexander

Well, I was able to tag along with a couple of friends to shoot the 1st annual Cobb County Senior Bowl (metro Atlanta area).

It was nice getting to shoot during the daytime for a change. The event was pretty well attended and I think will grow in the future

91609838.jpg

91609835.jpg

he did recover the punt after a minute...

91609836.jpg

91609837.jpg

Shane Carter

Nice series! Good action. They are a bit underexposed tho. Also looks like the contrast or black point are too high, or both. It is hard with the visors, but try to get the eyes in the shot...adds interest. For example:

574900013_MG_9470.jpg

Also on the last one, my fav, tighten up the crop...you could get rid of non-useful elements and draw attention more the player. Picky stuff I know, but maybe useful. :)

Mark Alexander

Mike, Shane, thanks for the comments. I started to crop the last one a couple of different ways but in the end left it alone. I guess I should have done something different

Shane, the last one should be the only one that is underexposed. At the very end of the game it got pretty dark but I was too lazy to go get the flash rig out. Also, I was having too much fun getting to shoot w/o flash for a change...

The exposure comment comes with a "but": I just switched to a mac pro and a new dell monitor. Besides the steep curve of learning where everything is I am having horrible color management issues. I'm using the monitor on both my mac and the windows desktop and the color isn't right on either. It is pretty close on the PC but the mac is VERY warm. I'm almost to the point of getting my old monitor out and putting on my pc just for a point of reference. This monitor seems to be much brighter so it could be that I've cranked things up to compensate.

very frustrating...Mark