• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hey British football fans

Nill Toulme

Interesting, there appear to be several versions of it. I googled it and found lots of fascinating lore, but never got as far as finding a photographer's name. Apparently was in 1988.

I guess that's why the shorts got longer... ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

I noticed some interesting discrepancies too, Nils.
In 1988, Gazza played for Newcastle that wore famous black on white vertically striped shirts. Jones played for Wimbledon (now named MK Dons). Wimbledon had a blue home strip and yellow away strip for both shirt and shorts. So based on Jones' dark shirt the game was at Wimbledon.
However, a color version of the photo has Jones wearing a Celtic-like green and white horizontally striped shirt and Gazza a barely distinguishable pattern of vertical blue on blue stripes.
It looks like someone had fun with Photoshop and did a good job of it.
[URL="http://www.soccerblog.com/2006/05/vinnie_jones_soccer_player_gra.htm"[/URL]