• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help with a single task printer. Ideas Please!

Jim Galli

I really respect the savvy you folks have and I believe your ideas may help. Here's what I'm after:

Which printer would work the best to make 10" X up to 92" long black and white panorama's. These would be made from 300dpi scans of original Cirkut Camera negatives. See also my web page here.

What I want is simply a 1:1 print that looks exactly like the ones we see in museums that were made with these cameras but printed in wet darkrooms. Nothing better, nothing worse.

Epson? HP?? Others??? Why???? Obviously with this kind of output larger ink tanks would be a big plus. I like the Epson Warm Black that you can choose on the R2400 printer. I hate the teeny tiny expensive ink tanks. I did the Media Street bottles with tubes for the Epson 2200 and consider that a disaster. I want factory ink only, no stand alone systems.

TIA for the ideas and help.

Mike Shimwell

HP B9180 if you want a small one (check it will do required lengthfirst and ink tank size - HP are less unpleasant than epson/canon on their small models) - otherwise Canon IPF 5x00, HP Z3100 (big!) or epson 48xx (3800 doesan't do long enough)

Buy Qimage

Mike