• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cyclo Cross

Helene Anderson

I'm back, been away for a couple of weeks, was in Sarf London (innit). Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Back out yesterday, by chance almost (had not a lot else to do) to shoot a cycle race. Cyclo Cross not my top thing - road racing much faster, more fun . . . . and not so cold or muddy !

028A-Copie.jpg

A very short stretch of tarmac road.

This was the middle of nowhere. Took a while to find the event with signposts so small, about the right height off the ground for a squuirrel to read them also.

039A-Copie.jpg

One from the club where I live.

075A-Copie.jpg

Post Race Interview.

Not too bad a day really, looking forward to the road race season starting though !

Few more images on the album, here.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm back, been away for a couple of weeks, was in Sarf London (innit). Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Missed you, Hélène!

We enjoyed Chrismas and celebrated Hannukah lighting candles with my 4 year old grandson who handled the shamosh perfectly, not burning himself and then sang songs for the collected family!

Back out yesterday, by chance almost (had not a lot else to do) to shoot a cycle race. Cyclo Cross not my top thing - road racing much faster, more fun . . . . and not so cold or muddy !

028A-Copie.jpg

A very short stretch of tarmac road.

This was the middle of nowhere. Took a while to find the event with signposts so small, about the right height off the ground for a squuirrel to read them also. [/quote]

039A-Copie.jpg

One from the club where I live.

075A-Copie.jpg

Post Race Interview.

With all these surfaces, do they use road tires or special coarse treads?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Hélène,

You have done well under the difficult weather conditions and considering the fast moving targets. I see in the exif that you have used ISO400 on a D200, right? Does pushing the ISO higher give unacceptable results on this camera, was that the reason to stick with the 400? The second one is my pick, I like the panning especially. Thanks for sharing.

Helene Anderson

I'll try to answer your questions . . .

Charles, Spring Classics . . . . no, I do local stuff in trying to get known by the local clubs, it is working, from knowing no one last July I get acknowledged and spoken to at events now. This year have to diversify a bit though.

Asher . . . . The tyres used in cyclo cross are (or were) known as woblers, they are a bit more knobbly and tougher that road tyres where the tread is really very fine. Here has some info on tyres.

Cem . . . . Gosh, 400 . . . I used to use Fuji Sensia 400 and find that it is a 'film' speed that just about covers all I need. If the ISO on the D200 goes too high the noise can be noticeable though. Fortunately the 'targets' were not moving too fast compared to what one might see on a road race, then things really speed up.

Oh, I spelt squirrel wrong as well.