• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The forum search feature - the keyword filter

Doug Kerr

The search feature of the forum needs improvement in a number of ways. It appears to suffer from the working of various defaults in the forum software package.

One of the most irritating is that if I do a search on, for example, "MTF" , I get this result:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : MTF​

That is no doubt why there were no matches.

I guess that "MTF" fails as "too short".

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" fails as well. Too common, perhaps.

On another front, there is no hint given as to how to use a multi-phrase as the search key, or how to AND or OR individual search terms. (Maybe I'm just missing some of the help.)

The OPF archive is a wondrous resource. Users do not have the tools they need to exploit it.

Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious fails because it is too long.

May I point out that google advanced search will search any given site and has the operators you appear to need?

Here all the posts from opf including the word "MTF".

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious fails because it is too long.

May I point out that google advanced search will search any given site and has the operators you appear to need?p

I didn't know that I could have Google look at a particular site. That's neat.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug