Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Color Management Discussion > CM Theory and Practice

CM Theory and Practice Profiles, color spaces, perception, science.

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:50 AM

Default Custom ICC profile for C1

Hi,

I'm shooting documents/books using a copy stand setup. The lighting is fixed. Using a Leaf Aptus II-8 on a DF with 80mm and 120mm Macro lenses. The colour I'm getting out of C1 using the Leaf 'product 4' ICC profile is the closest of the ICC profiles but the colour isn't quite there yet, the colour seperations in the shadows and highlights is not accurate enough.

I had thought to build an ICC profile but C1 doesn't seem to offer anything other than 'eyeballing' changes. I need more accurate than that. I had read on a post made by Andrew Rodney, the colour expert that ICC profiles in general are not very useful however in a copy setup they may be helpful.

The organisation will be willing to pay to have custom profiles made (does Andrew do this?) if I can shoot a chart (I have a gretag) and email the raw file, etc. My problem however is that we are using polarisers on the lights, the rosco gels we have are shifting in colour due to heat over time. Is this going to screw up the profiles chance of accuracy for more than one shoot? Should I just forget using modelling lights full stop?

Any help would be appreciated!