• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Coming Out

Hello to all fellow photographers here on the list,

I would like -if I may- to tell you something about me and my interests.
Grown up in the South of Germany I learned to love nature, which I soon
wanted to conserve as a memory, first on analog silver film and later
by digital means. My main interest are landscape photography, some close-ups
from things that caught my eye while being on a trip. As soon as I had my first
digital still camera, I had the wish to trim the picture, improve the contrast and
remove unwanted objects. Now it is already three years and my archive has
grown. I do not earn money with my work, this is not my ambition. I do it
for the sheer fun of it, as an end in itself.
May I beg you to be patient with me and my lacking skills in your
language, I am not conversant in longer explanations or threads but willing to learn!

Welcome, Charlene!

I heard a lot of nice things about Southern Germany landscapes.
Do you have an online presence (web-site with your pictures), so we could have a peek?

Cheers!

Mary Bull

Welcome, Charlene!

I'm so happy to see you here.

You are too modest about your skills in English. From reading you on our mutual mailing lists over the past few years, I know you'll get your ideas across just fine and understand the posts that interest you just fine, too.

Looking forward to more threads and posts from you!

Best wishes always,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlene,

If my writing was as good as yours when I was in highschool, I'd have done better!

Besided, Rainer, Dierk and others speak German as their native tongues too!

My German would barely get me food and lodgings or get me out of a pseeding ticket, but is certainly sufficient to get a model for a shoot.

We love film based photography too and have several people doing Polaroids, pinhole and platinum work.

So just wade in. If you aren't sure, just send me the pics. We'll all enjoy your work I'm sure!

Asher

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
Welcome, Charlene!

I heard a lot of nice things about Southern Germany landscapes.
Do you have an online presence (web-site with your pictures), so we could have a peek?

Cheers!

Hello Nikolai,

as one can often notice, people tend to neglect the nearer environment and think the grass is greener on the other side of the street :) Same here with me, I like France and like to travel it from East to West every year where we like to spend nearly all of our holidays. If you like, let me invite you to visit http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/Erbsenprinzessin/ where some of my -to my opinion- best photos are hosted. You may start a slide show.
Thanks for your interest!

Mary Bull said:
I'm so happy to see you here.

You are too modest about your skills in English. From reading you on our mutual mailing lists over the past few years, I know you'll get your ideas across just fine and understand the posts that interest you just fine, too.

Looking forward to more threads and posts from you!

Best wishes always,

Dear Mary,

let me say that I am rather nervous at this moment, writing to an unknown group of persons :) Hope my hands aren't shaking too much. Ay you know, I am about to visit the area of the "Watzmann" near Königsee, a region with high mountains and hopefully good fresh air. I promise to take some pictures there with the intention to submit some of them here on the OPF.

Yours always
Charlene

Asher Kelman said:
If my writing was as good as yours when I was in highschool, I'd have done better!

Hello Asher,

your knowledge of the German language wouldn't have helped you running a php-based site! And as far as I know, it is much easier to get a speeding ticket in your country than in mine, where there are still a considerable number of motorways that actually have no speed limit at all.
Thank you again for your warm welcome words,

all the best
Charlene

PS: I hope the link to my online photo album is properly working?

Mary Bull

Dear Charlene,

If the pictures from your mountain vacation are as enjoyable as those from your vacation on the French shore last year, you'll have a feast to share with us.

As to unknown people, there are still many on the members list here that are unknown to me, too. But the ones I've encountered so far have treated me like an old friend, and they've all been so gracious, kind, and willing to help me as I've tried to learn how to be a good member of the group.

I don't think I told you that this is the first website forum I've ever written in. It's taken a bit of getting used to--the mechanics of it.

I'm mostly here to look at other people's images and to learn as much as I can, as you know.

But Asher didn't throw me out when I finally managed to embed a snapshot of my cat. On the contrary, he congratulated me on my success.

Since your photos are very good and the serious result of a lifetime of choosing and shooting images, I am absolutely confident that you are going to fit right in at OPF and will soon be nervous no longer.

It's always so enjoyable to read your ideas and to look at your pictures.

Wishing you a happy time on vacation,

Mary

Martin McLean

Thank You

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs with us, Charlene. Welcome and I hope you will be sharing many more pictures with us here.
-M-