• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The CNB 95 Grand Bleu Vintage - Making of

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The CNB 95 Grand Bleu Vintage - Making of

Some time ago I did post here some images of the CNB 95 Grand Bleu Vintage, a 95 feet sailing yacht shot in the med, near Cannes.

Here you can watch the video making of…
Come in with me in the helicopter!

If you like rock music, pump-up the volume ; )

Tease: Tomorrow will be another day…

nicolas claris

Wow!
18 views and not a single comment? I'm impressed!

Maybe this video making of of a photo shoot of a 52 feet catamaran by Lagoon will free-up your keyboard?

Here

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
How on earth does one get up the mast of the boat! I want to know!

Seems very risky and brave. Do you have a harness and are you winched up - or is this Romain up there, scaring me?

How high was that?

BTW, how often doe the company use a dark blue for the paint on the side of the vessel? Is that acrylic or fiberglass over wood, or what? It has a wonderful contrast with the varnished clear woof of the deck!

Asher

nicolas claris

How on earth does one get up the mast of the boat! I want to know!

Seems very risky and brave. Do you have a harness and are you winched up - or is this Romain up there, scaring me?

How high was that?

BTW, how often doe the company use a dark blue for the paint on the side of the vessel? Is that acrylic or fiberglass over wood, or what? It has a wonderful contrast with the varnished clear woof of the deck!

Asher

Ok Asher
I hope that the Bordeaux was fine!

I've been winched to get up on the mast! And Yes I have a harness that could be seen i n the video.
Long time ago I used to be winched till the top, even at sea when a repair was necessary…
Here the boat is anchored and movements are slow… However it's better to have to camera bodies (a 645 Z and a D) with two different lens mounted so one doesn't have to change lens while being up there.
Heigth? I do not know, but I guess about 40 feet…

This dark blue hull is made of aluminum, painted with a glossy blue laquer.
BTW the teak deck is NEVER varnished! that would be too slippy!

Asher Kelman

I guess you are used to the harness by now from the 'copter!

Still it's brave, like the scary zip line one flies above the trees in a harness. I have total faith in the physics, but the platform, having no sides, and prior to being linked up, is scary as there is no wall in front!

I like the blue hull. That is very handsome. So how is the teak finished. Is it just bare or does it have a matt laquer to protect it from the water?

And the Bordeaux wines, beaux, of course!

Asher

nicolas claris

Well, the harness is a part of my life… even while being onboard sometime when the sea is real rough… Like during the Sydney Hobart race I shot in video on board the beautiful 145 feet ketch Mari-Cha III…
Here

The teak is kept natural, it's one of the rare woods that tolerate sea water and does not get moldy by water… in fact, it the planks are yellow/brown when brand new, but with the sun and salt they become a very nice looking light grey color…
Also after some months the surface becomes a bit grainy and that's a very good natural anti-slip!

Be careful with Bordeaux wine, you may become (if not already!) addicted! :)

Asher Kelman

Thanks for the info on teak properties! This is such good info! Perhaps I will use it for the deck of my boat sculpture!

Asher

nicolas claris

Soon available the book of photos on the CNB 95 Grand Bleu Vintage, available at Blurb:
Hard cover - 8'×10' - 20×25 cm - 84 Pages
A nice gift for Christmas!

Andy brown

Hi Nicolas, I enjoyed the video.
I was interested to see that your method seems very straightforward, good equipment, great technical skills then just getting the best vantage points and applying your creative skills in terms of framing, timing, use of light.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.