• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuji GFX Camera Looking at Los Angeles and Surrounding Communities: Flowers in Front of Homes

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Part of the celebration of life, is to have thriving flowers with abundant blooms.

This is part of the dressing up of homes in the Los Angelels Area, from modest homes to the largest mansions.

_DSF1751___900.jpg

Asher Kelman: Guardian Poinsettias

South of Sunset Blvd. January 2018
Fuji GFX 32-66. mm
32mm, 1/125 sec, f 16, ISO 3200
Photoshop CC 2018 from RAW

More to come!

Comments welcome!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Here's another:

_DSF1707_lighter_cropped_.jpg

Asher Kelman: Neighbor's Flowers
Fuji GFX 32-64mm
34mm, 1/125 sec, F20, 3200 ISO
From RAW with Photoshop CC 2018

This is what one sees before one gets to enter the home. I think of the flowers as guardians of the home!

Asher

James Lemon

Here's another:

_DSF1707_lighter_cropped_.jpg

Asher Kelman: Neighbor's Flowers
Fuji GFX 32-64mm
34mm, 1/125 sec, F20, 3200 ISO
From RAW with Photoshop CC 2018

This is what one sees before one gets to enter the home. I think of the flowers as guardians of the home!

Asher

Asher

You are fortunate to benefit from mild climate conditions all year round! Here on the west coast of Canada we get a lot of rain in the winter months. We don't have the luxury of blooms or Lemon trees.

By todays standards these homes would be considered mere bungalows or possible tear-downs when compared to the Castles built here.

James

Asher Kelman

Yes, James, we're so fortunate that the weather is really mild.

Also it's pleasant to live in a forrest!

As to your magnificent homes, well, are 6,000 to 10,000 square foot "castles" really that common by you?

Hope you can show us these "castles"!

Still working on the local cottages, then I will cover the bungalows, huts, tents and cardboard boxes.

Lastly I will reach the folk that sleep under the freeways, by the exhaust ducts of warehouses, in doorways and then on sidewalks!

.........Not kidding!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Some have such beautiful flowering trees bordering their frint gardens. These are exceptionally beautiful. The Magnolia!

_DSF1652-Recovered copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: Pink-Lavendar Watchers
Fuji GFX 32-64
1/16 sec, F 11, ISO 1600
Photoshop CC 2018 from RAW

Enjoy our forrest!

Asher

James Lemon

Yes, James, we're so fortunate that the weather is really mild.

Also it's pleasant to live in a forrest!

As to your magnificent homes, well, are 6,000 to 10,000 square foot "castles" really that common by you?

Hope you can show us these "castles"!

Still working on the local cottages, then I will cover the bungalows, huts, tents and cardboard boxes.

Lastly I will reach the folk that sleep under the freeways, by the exhaust ducts of warehouses, in doorways and then on sidewalks!

.........Not kidding!

Asher

Asher

Yes these massive homes are a common sight in the city and agricultural communities up into the valleys.

You have a worthwhile and ambitious project. An assistant, some good research, scheduling, meal planning might be required. The homeless become nocturnal in the winter and many are mentally unstable and psychotic in some cases. A cell phone will not guarantee your safety but these things should not be a problem for you. Just something to keep in mind.

James

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Yes, it's a big job but a worthwhile challenge and an opportunity to learn more of how we live together and separately!

Asher