• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mattress Delivery

Robert Watcher

Mattress delivery Guatemala style

Heading out our gate, we saw this pickup driving down the narrow cobblestone street in front of our house. It pulled in to a parking spot to deliver a mattress to one of the neighbours I suspect. There was still room for 2 or 3 more on top before the overhead electric lines would have got in the way.

D9A66E55-1C0F-4059-A48E-95C904007DAD.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Heading out our gate, we saw this pickup driving down the narrow cobblestone street in front of our house. It pulled in to a parking spot to deliver a mattress to one of the neighbours I suspect. There was still room for 2 or 3 more on top before the overhead electric lines would have got in the way.

Pretty amazing - never seen anything like it. Hope he does not go on a freeway!

How on earth do they get to download them!

Seems a fairly prosperous area by the look of the vehicles. Ot it could be that 10 year old cars dont get to get beat up and dented or rust.

Asher

Robert Watcher

There is a real divide between rich and poor. On the streets of Xela we see Porsche’s, BMW’s, expensive SUV’s, even a Lotus. In the remote rural areas, there is no money for vehicles. People walk.

But true there are many decent looking vehicles on the road pre 2000, even into 1970’s and 1980’s. The common people will drive these. If they have a decent job, they may have a 2005 or 2008 car. For the most part, the cars will be clean and presentable - some of the lights won’t work or none - every car has dings - and the interiors that no-one sees unless you ride in them, are generally pretty shabby.

In the rural areas a whole working family of 20 or more will own a beat up pickup truck and all travel together in the back. Used motorcycles can be purchased at a reasonable price so many working people - men, women and families - drive them.

——-

Asher Kelman

Thanks Robert for your insightful observations.

likely as not, the viallagers who walk are far healthier as far as cardiovascular disease, but not so lucky if they better schools or need challenging surgery!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Let me ask you about the excellent exposure I see. When I go from the studio to the street, I am always faced with the issue of sky being overexposed or else the faces in shadows.

So how have you accomplish such wonderful illumination. It's not as if the sky was overcast. Or that perhaps the sun is low and over your shoulder, (as the shadows show it is on the right behind and above the buildings).......or else you have flash or some Lightroom recipe?

Or you simply lighten the face shadows manually?

Asher