• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

CS3,Mac 10.5.5, Epson 3800 (v6.11) Printing Problems

Since recently migrating to MacIntel running an obligatory 10.5.5 , I've been encountering problems printing to my Epson 3800 of 2 kinds that had previously not arisen on PPC based Macs using 10.4+: 1) When switching media that requires a change of black ink (photo black to matte or vice versa) there does not seem to be a straightforward way to go about this without encountering glitches (previously this had been handled smoothly by the driver); 2) The driver indicates randomly that my paper feed parameters are incorrect for a given job, when in fact this is not the case, and this makes printing needlessly irksome and inefficient. This is a marvelous printer that I've been using for the past 15 months so I'd appreciate any suggestions that would allow me to remedy these problems. I should specify that the driver version listed in my thread title (v6.11) is intended for 10.5.5. I had previously re-set my printer settings, deleted the printer via the Print-Fax Preference pane, downloaded yet again the driver (although this is the version that I already had, for some reason in Europe it was released a bit earlier than in the States) repaired permissions, re-installed the driver, repaired permissions and .... no change.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ralph,

I have the 3800 and I absolutely love it just like you do. But unfortunately, I can't help you on the Mac front. Let's hope that somebody with sufficient knowledge will chime in soon.

Cheers,