• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New D4S claims even better LL...

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/01/06/nikon-announces-the-development-of-the-nikon-d4s-camera.aspx/

Nikon announced D4S yesterday, the only "benefit" they claim over D4 is even better LL performance. What? ….even better than already great 25600? …I wonder what they smoke! Surely using the same sensor and trying to improve LL noise via software (they claim new processor) should affect base and near base performance a bit… (just like D3S was a little worst than D3/D700 up to 800 Iso). Why improve on the best LL performance around? …Many think that they wanted to differentiate D4 a bit more, because they plan to use its brilliant 16.2mp sensor on lower cameras and thus protect it from being cannibalised! I don't think they will succeed to avoid cannibalisation if they put current D4 sensor on a D800 body! I'll sell my D4 and get me back a D800S (or H) next to my D800E if they will ever do that!