• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

iPhone vs. Canon DSLR: The San Gabriels

I live within easy view of the San Gabriel mountain range in SoCal and have spent many years trying to catch views of the various weather occurrences that dance among the peaks. I've got a nice little collection of stock photos, most shot with non-DSLR long-range zoom cameras.

This week it rained and today when it cleared I expected some nice snow up there, but no. Nevertheless, my little walk gave me an opportunity to compare shooting the mountains with the iPhone I always have on my belt vs. my Canon EOS Rebel T3 which I have to purposefully dig out of the closet.

And here are the results! Second photo taken at 130mm zoom out of 300.

mtsiphone.jpg

mtsdslr.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I live within easy view of the San Gabriel mountain range in SoCal and have spent many years trying to catch views of the various weather occurrences that dance among the peaks. I've got a nice little collection of stock photos, most shot with non-DSLR long-range zoom cameras.

This week it rained and today when it cleared I expected some nice snow up there, but no. Nevertheless, my little walk gave me an opportunity to compare shooting the mountains with the iPhone I always have on my belt vs. my Canon EOS Rebel T3 which I have to purposefully dig out of the closet.

And here are the results! Second photo taken at 130mm zoom out of 300.

mtsiphone.jpg

mtsdslr.jpg

In the last Friday's I saw this too in the region of Telfair Avenue in Sunland. But by the time I finished visiting a factory, the clouded had burnt off.

Asher