• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

mac/photoshop questions

Chelle Nicole

I am new to the whole idea of forums, so please be patient with me....

I am a photographer who uses a macbook pro with Lightroom and Photoshop. I am not very computer literate. My photoshop keeps crashing whenever I am batch processing. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am wondering if it has something to do with my memory? I have 2GB.

Also, last night when importing photos from my cf card, what used to only take 10 minutes took 5 hours...would this be the same issue?

Please help.
Chelle

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chelle,

Welcome to OPF. If you have slow uploading it could be your USB port is failing. That happened to me and they replaced the boards! Also could be that you have upgraded your software and your firewire or USB CF reader is not up to date. I have two readers, the same make. One suddenly was slow the other is fast.

Batch process less files at a time. do you know how to repair permissions. Go to your Applications folder and there's the Hard Disk Utility. It looks like a Hard Drive. Drag that to you dock. Click on it and then select your hard drive and repair permissions. If you have OS 10.4 it will be fast. OS 10.5 or 10.6 is much slower.

It's also a good idea to start the Macbook Pro from the OS X installation disk (hold C down during start up) and then just when you are about to reinstall your software, (don't so that!) you will see on the top left menu bar some options, maybe under tools. Choose Disk Utility. Repair permissions here and it's even better.

This may solve your problem.

Also, remove everything on the desktop you don't need and close all other programs. Let us know how things go.

Asher

Andrew Rodney

My photoshop keeps crashing whenever I am batch processing.

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.