• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

An old basset named Claire

Here's our old basset named Claire. Average age of a basset is 6-8 years. she's almost past 12!

4954363983_7e70eb03e2_b.jpg

Jake Klein: Claire

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jake,

What a lovable lady! Her coat and color are wonderfully pleasant variations of a sienna. It reminds of me of sunsets in Florence, Italy and fashionable camel hair jackets at the same time.

Look at those eyes. It's often worth shooting from the level of the pet or below so you don't see the accumulation of loose tissue at the lower margin of her revealed scleral edges. Also, since the entire right front paw is excluded, cropping away 1.5 cm at the top and bottom might make an alternative portrait that is also pleasant and perhaps stronger.

Thanks for sharing this adorable image. I'm sure she brings a lot of character to your home! Hope she is well!

Asher

Thanks for the tip about the eyes Asher. I just downloaded viewnx 2 so now I can crop! I plan on sharpening this pic a bit and cropping out the feet and the frisbee in the back The blurry feet is what I get for shooting at f1.8. Just swapped out the 18-105 kit lense for the nikkor 50mm f1.8 af-d. Loving this lil cheap lense