• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Old gal claire again

A recent shot of the old lady...

5545252839_d2307199d2_b.jpg

d90
nikon 35mm f1.8
1/400
f1.8
Iso200
sb600 bounced​

thanks for looking and sharing

Charlotte Thompson

Jake

such a Grand Dam- regal soft and strong all at once- I love her
Claire is such a perfect name too-
nicenice photo- I really love how the d90 works so well with black and white
more and more I am in love with it as I see a few others use it as well
I work with a d40 which has given me excellent quality but I think the 90 does a much better job in black and white-which I am partial to-

Charlotte-

Thank you very much for the comments. D90's are getting cheaper and cheaper! May-as-well pick one up! I had a d5000 for about a week and switched up as soon as I picked it up because of its build. Plus commander mode with sb600s is so much fun! Doesn't your D40 shutter sync to 1/500 though? Very lucky there

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A recent shot of the old lady...

5545252839_d2307199d2_b.jpg

d90
nikon 35mm f1.8
1/400
f1.8
Iso200
sb600 bounced​

thanks for looking and sharing

Impressive and beautiful!

Jake,

Is this normal flash mode or "high Speed Synch" where the flash is strobing repeatedly? Wth this mage, can you recover eye detail?

I believe I have my camera set to "Auto fp sync" if I use a shutterpeed higher than 1/200th. I would love to recover some eye detail but have no PP skills besides using whats available in VIEW NX2.0.

My PP is as follows in almost all my images. 1)sharpen, check noise, adjust if needed. 2)slight contrast increase(usually between 0-15 on the slider). 3)auto Axial color aberration. 4)slight exposure adjustment if needed. 5)monochrome and possible re-adjusment of contrast.

Asher Kelman

I believe I have my camera set to "Auto fp sync" if I use a shutterpeed higher than 1/200th. I would love to recover some eye detail but have no PP skills besides using whats available in VIEW NX2.0.

My PP is as follows in almost all my images. 1)sharpen, check noise, adjust if needed. 2)slight contrast increase(usually between 0-15 on the slider). 3)auto Axial color aberration. 4)slight exposure adjustment if needed. 5)monochrome and possible re-adjusment of contrast.

Are you shooting RAW? Do you have access to Photoshop? In any case, Capture NX2 has the powerful U-point technology which allows one to place this control emblem where you need to edit and simply play with the sliders on it's several arms to get the changes you need. You can use the U-points all over the picture and in any order you wish. It's available on Amazon here for ~ $140 You can download a 60 day free trial of Capture NX2 from The Official Nikon Website[/url]. 60 days is a great generous time to learn the u-point technology and get hooked as well! :)

If you can, consider getting a student price on Photoshop CS5.

You picture, as beautiful as it is, will always have elements that need some tweak for maximum impact!

Asher

Are you shooting RAW? Do you have access to Photoshop? In any case, Capture NX2 has the powerful U-point technology which allows one to place this control emblem where you need to edit and simply play with the sliders on it's several arms to get the changes you need. You can use the U-points all over the picture and in any order you wish. It's available on Amazon here for ~ $140 You can download a 60 day free trial of Capture NX2 from The Official Nikon Website[/url]. 60 days is a great generous time to learn the u-point technology and get hooked as well! :)

If you can, consider getting a student price on Photoshop CS5.

"Your picture, as beautiful as it is, will always have elements that need some tweak for maximum impact!"

Asher

I"ve tried gimp twice. I think I will need to attend some sort of PP classes. I feel completely out of place at the computer doing PP. There is just so many options and variables within these programs I don't understand. Yes I've been shooting raw since I first started hoping someday to have some PP skills and be able to go back and edit our family photographs.

Currently I'm awaiting word of a bid I put on a house. I may be able to pull a "on a budget PP PCU" in the next months coming. I would have no problem paying full price for CS5 OR CS4 as the R&D that goes into developing these programs is well worth it. My point of view has always been if I'm gonna spend this much on camera, lens, strobes, etc, why not put the same value in the software which will finish the process.

You picture, as beautiful as it is, will always have elements that need some tweak for maximum impact!

I understand this statement more than you know. I feel I as if everyone exposure I've taken is unfinished and not where it should be or could be.

Asher Kelman

Jake,

Look at this introduction I've written on NIK U-point technology. I wrote it for you but now I realize that anyone needing multiple local adjustments will find this an exciting and useful tool.

The 60 day free trial is unbeatable, LOL! :)

Asher

Jake,

Look at this introduction I've written on NIK U-point technology. I wrote it for you but now I realize that anyone needing multiple local adjustments will find this an exciting and useful tool.

The 60 day free trial is unbeatable, LOL! :)

Asher

I grabbed the 60 day free trial of capture nx and it is pretty cool. I'm just trying to figure out how to convert the raw files on there and I'll post a couple that I tried.