• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wall Sample

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I have been furiously working on images for display in my gallery at the studio. I sold a huge canvas print of a little dog and the owner, my office neighbor, keeps bringing people over to see it. Well, it was a holiday gift, so now the image is on the wall of his living room (yay!) and I have one of my dog Daisy who was the instigator for the session and sale of Max. So in an effort to have equal time, I did a shoot on location of Gizmo. Gizmo is my Lhasa Apso and actually hides when he sees the camera. Every night he goes up the stairs and waits just like this for us to arrive up. So I ambushed him. Taken with the 100 2.8 macro, Ambient Light, at 100f 3.5av and 1000 iso - not a good lens for pets - but I was shooting flowers from my holiday arrangement and there is no time like NOW. I gave it a treatment with Nik Color Efx 3.0 and I like it enough to have printed on canvas and displayed right next to my Daisy's image on the gallery wall.

444538311_WKf2N-M-1.jpg

Copyright - 2008 - Kathy Rappaport - all rights reserved
Please do not copy and repost.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Kathy,

Creeping up on folk and taking their picture unsuspecting? Well, this time you made it worthwhile, the Lhasa Apson, A.K.A., Gizmo. is handsome and friendly. I'd consider cropping away the rug as it's too well defined and distracting. I'd go just a tad below Gizmo's paws. The more horizontal view does work well.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
yes...

Asher,

You are right, the crop below the paws would have made this much better. The only reason I left it this way was because it will be printed in square format - 24 x 24 inches and I needed the rug to fill in the dimensions.

A rule for walls in portrait studios is to have on display what you want to sell - show big, sell big!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thank you

Thank you Charlotte. He's my pound rescue. Everyone who meets him tells me that if we ever don't want him they do. He loves everyone and is the happiest dog you'd ever meet. We estimate him to be about 12 or 13. He's slept next to my pillow now for 10 years.