• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stan the Rottweiler, and Jack the mutt

Mark Doodeman

Stan the lazy rottweiler makes a good test subject, since he is really good at staying still. Every now and then he needs a reminder to open his eyes back up.

If only I could have had this shot on a solid background! (Jack the mutt)

"Are you going to light the fireplace, or what?"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"Are you going to light the fireplace, or what?"
Mark,

This is the picture to show your dogs comfortable on a soft rug in domestic tranquility. They look civilized, healthy and really make the place. Yes the background is cluttered but it's home! They remind me of my late father-in-laws two dogs that were always together and really part of the family. I'd correct the dog "yellow-eye" and come down lower to shoot. Also consider opening the aperture to throw the background out of focus.

Asher

The first pictures are really frightening to me. The eyes of a corpse and then the tongue of a sadist.. Why show them? I'd have shown just this peaceful one. Now if you want to have a theme of horror, then we'd have to discuss the other pictures one at a time for composition.

Mark Doodeman

In the first picture, his eyes are yuck, and maybe I could do some retouching. I liked the angle he was looking at, and feel the pose he is in- curious but too lazy to be REALLY curious, really captures who he is.

In the second picture, you might have understood exactly why I selected that photograph- its gross. You have his gross little chin-hairs, his cold, snotty nose- it was basically a counterpoint to all cutesy dog pictures, revealing what many would try to look past.

The 3rd one was rushed, and taken a while back. If I had it to do all over again, I would have centered the fireplace in frame, got rid of the tools, and lit the black dog a bit more to keep him in the foreground- the lighter dog draws more attention than he does.