• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Maxwell

Ron Morse

I haven't posted any pictures in months so It time I show a picture of my handsome buddy Maxwell.

5DMII
Yashica 28mm f/2.8
f/5.6
ISO 100.

mg1793.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

If this is going to be "portraits of pooches", then we can start big! I like the face, just clean it's moustache before it gets on top of you!

Asher

Ron Morse

Ron,

If this is going to be "portraits of pooches", then we can start big! I like the face, just clean it's moustache before it gets on top of you!

Asher

Unless they are a show dog, which Maxwell was supposed to be, about all I have seen get the permanent stain in their beard. Maxwells stain is highlighted because he has been in the wet grass.

Charlotte Thompson

beautiful catch!

this dog Maxwell looks like a serious old soul-
very smart and not about to let anyone tell him whatto do with his life -

I am a big dog lover-

Charlotte-

He is a dapper dude that's for sure. His beard sort of reminds me of mine back when I was still smoking. He does not smoke does He?
James

Ron Morse

beautiful catch!

this dog Maxwell looks like a serious old soul-
very smart and not about to let anyone tell him whatto do with his life -

I am a big dog lover-

Charlotte-

Thanks Charlotte.

Maxwell will be 6 in a couple of weeks. I have had dogs all my life but Maxwell is I believe the smartest I've ever had. They were originally bred to be medium size guard dogs and he has the big teeth to prove it. However he is the mildest most gentle dog we have ever had.

We are big time dog lovers also.

Gary Ayala

To echo all the others ... Max is quite the handsome dapper.

We have a Wheaten with similar facial hair. We keep her tightly cut for the weather, the cleaner face (no beard in her food) and she is less of a stick magnet with a short, tidy cut.

I suggest a bit of darkening on Max's visor and top of head, burning in the background and corners just a tad and maybe some slight lightening ("Highlights" only), on and around the eye.

Gary

Ron Morse

To echo all the others ... Max is quite the handsome dapper.

We have a Wheaten with similar facial hair. We keep her tightly cut for the weather, the cleaner face (no beard in her food) and she is less of a stick magnet with a short, tidy cut.

I suggest a bit of darkening on Max's visor and top of head, burning in the background and corners just a tad and maybe some slight lightening ("Highlights" only), on and around the eye.

Gary

Thanks Gary.

We let Maxwells hair grow in the winter. It gets -20, -30 and once in a while -40F in the winter. Although not nearly as often as it used to. In the summer he has the standard schnauzer cut. I like the cut as does my wife, food in the beard or not. Anything other than dry food and his beard gets washed each time.

I could have worked on the image but decided to leave it as it came out of the camera other than a very little sharpening to show what these old M/F lenses can do. I think I paid $19.00 dollars for the lense and its as good as any of my L canon glass other than the fact that you have to do the focusing.

I may give your suggestions a go and see what I get. Thank you.