• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Capturing Solace and Prayer

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There's a mystery of man, the thirst for oneness with infinity and we seem to approach this by solitude on great open spaces of nature or by grouping ourslives together in unity with others and send fervent prayers of devotion, hope and submission to the unseeable.

Some may have instruments such as a Buddha or symbol of faith, others might call these primitive or even idolatrous.

But what is common for all of us are moments of reflection and realization of our own small place in the greater universe of matter, so we express our wishes to be part of that immense endless wonder.

_0070624_Prayer.jpg

Asher Kelman: Devotion

_0070624_prayer group abstracted.jpg

Asher Kelman: The Park As a Universe

You are welcome to present your own ideas. I hope we can transcend individuality and address the common needs for man for

"solace from a voice that cannot be recorded on one's iPhone".

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have tried to remove individuality to just have the gesture of this amazing human activity.

_0070631_abstracted prayer.jpg

Asher Kelman: Devotion II

I hope we can receive shared ideas from others to explore the wonder of what is beyond us, the scenes that provide us with this mood and devotion to a higher power, perhaps all part of the same human predisposition with the wonder of life.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

But what is common for all of us are moments of reflection and realization of our own small place in the greater universe of matter, so we express our wishes to be part of that immense endless wonder.

Thank you for that moment of immense clarity.

Some do this by "devout" (perhaps "rigid") embrace of a specific defined religious faith. Some do this by a more casual participation in organized religious activity. Others do it by embrace of a "spirituality" not associated with organized "religion". Others do it without dependency on any of those structures but because they indeed recognize the wonders of our universe, and recognize the need to consider how we might best fit into that.

Others don't do that at all. It it their loss, but sadly it often comes to be a loss for (or more pointedly, damage to) others of us as well.

Dommage! (to make a French pun).

Best regards,

Doug