• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Work!

Antonio Correia

i-q99358p-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It really helps so much that there are dark blacks in the picture, like having base notes in a musical piece, it sets up reference for everything else.

Just the shading distribution is itself worthy of our attention. The content is also interesting in itself.

Asher

Asher Kelman

It may be "simple", Antonio, but it shows so much beyond the beauty of the shape elements arranged in a stunning composition.

Look at the pride and joy of the seller!

Feel the absorbed genuine interest of the explorer!

Who came before?

Who will follow?

What story does each have to tell?

So this picture although, "simple", is exceptional in its ability to continually interest us and not only demand revisiting, but make friends with!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher.
I know the buyer from many tears. He doesn't even know I have this photo of him.
He collects and sells antics. He has a warehouse full of old stuff...

Antonio Correia

This shot was done a couple of years ago.
He was guarding the building but as it was not yet time to be doing the job, I asked to take his photo. He was glad I did it.

i-w3gdqqF-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

This shot was done a couple of years ago.
He was guarding the building but as it was not yet time to be doing the job, I asked to take his photo. He was glad I did it.

i-w3gdqqF-XL.jpg

Delightful! now what did you have him read?

If he wanted to look like a guard, how would you do it?

Asher

Antonio Correia

In the scaffold at left, I had a flash.

He was selling chestnuts which were cooked in the "cone". This item, used to be in clay and now it is in tin ! Shame !

He was sad. He told me he was ill. In fact, I met his nephew last week and he told me he is dead now.

Asher Kelman

In the scaffold at left, I had a flash.

He was selling chestnuts which were cooked in the "cone". This item, used to be in clay and now it is in tin ! Shame !

He was sad. He told me he was ill. In fact, I met his nephew last week and he told me he is dead now.

Yes, he is sad. I hoope you make a peint for the son.

I guess you might have photographed him over the years?

Was the flash battery powered, if so, what?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you for commenting Asher,

I photographed him this time only.

At that time I was very interested in working with the flashes which I used from the left side.

Now, let's see another one also with flash. Two this time There was another one just behind him we can barrely perceive... :)

i-hzVssM5-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

Thank you for commenting Asher,

I photographed him this time only.

At that time I was very interested in working with the flashes which I used from the left side.

Now, let's see another one also with flash. Two this time There was another one just behind him we can barrely perceive... :)

i-hzVssM5-XL.jpg

Kudos,

Do you know him or just stopped him in the middle of his work or in the street?

The light behind outlines him very well! What kind of flash are you using?

Speedlights or something impressive, (or 30 year old Lumedyne lights like I use, LOL).

Asher

Asher Kelman

Anotnio,

This is a strong composition and sincere bond between the man and his treasured instrument?

A viola?

Do you know the musicians name or remember the circumstance?

Asher Kelman

Perhaps he is now successful!

But Prague has a lot of young talents looking for a break. To me it’s tragic as there is so much devotion, sacrifice and study to master such an instrument. No one idly decides one day to okay this instrument!

A fabulous picture of a person with a broken heart perhaps!

....or he now is an executive in a movie company!

Asher