Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Canon Eos Mount DSLRs

Old January 8th, 2017, 03:31 PM

Default iPhone vs. Canon DSLR: The San Gabriels

I live within easy view of the San Gabriel mountain range in SoCal and have spent many years trying to catch views of the various weather occurrences that dance among the peaks. I've got a nice little collection of stock photos, most shot with non-DSLR long-range zoom cameras.

This week it rained and today when it cleared I expected some nice snow up there, but no. Nevertheless, my little walk gave me an opportunity to compare shooting the mountains with the iPhone I always have on my belt vs. my Canon EOS Rebel T3 which I have to purposefully dig out of the closet.

And here are the results! Second photo taken at 130mm zoom out of 300.

Old January 8th, 2017, 05:32 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bedford View Post
I live within easy view of the San Gabriel mountain range in SoCal and have spent many years trying to catch views of the various weather occurrences that dance among the peaks. I've got a nice little collection of stock photos, most shot with non-DSLR long-range zoom cameras.

This week it rained and today when it cleared I expected some nice snow up there, but no. Nevertheless, my little walk gave me an opportunity to compare shooting the mountains with the iPhone I always have on my belt vs. my Canon EOS Rebel T3 which I have to purposefully dig out of the closet.

And here are the results! Second photo taken at 130mm zoom out of 300.

In the last Friday's I saw this too in the region of Telfair Avenue in Sunland. But by the time I finished visiting a factory, the clouded had burnt off.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 8th, 2017, 06:54 PM

Gotta move quick; the mountains wait for no one... ;-)
Old January 9th, 2017, 10:29 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bedford View Post
Gotta move quick; the mountains wait for no one... ;-)
I feared as much, promised to rush back to take the picture but then go absorbed in my sculpture! When I came back just a feint wisp remains!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:22 PM

Here is a pano I shot with the DSLR at the original shoot, comped in PS.