• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grant

charlie chipman

These are from my first shoot with strobes in a studio taken a few months ago, I borrowed a friends alien bee's to light the way. Both of these shots are with one medium octa. Grant is a close friend and a clothing designer (grey ant)

grantsuitduo2.jpg

grantheels1.jpg

These are from my first shoot with strobes in a studio taken a few months ago, I borrowed a friends alien bee's to light the way.

Hi Charlie, not bad for a first try, not bad at all.

Hands are always an issue in portraits like the first one. I'd clone out or darken the wrist of the right hand.

The second picture is very interesting, I assume it reflects some of the attitude of the designer, making people think. If possible I'd give the red heels a bit more space, IOW not crop that close.

Bart

charlie chipman

Thanks for commenting Bart and good suggestions.

The hand was something that does bother me and I agree that it just looks a little off being cut off like it is, also I am not so sure about the white shirt under his other hand either. I will give a try to fixing this area.

As for the second, yes the clothes and heels were his idea. On this one I am curious if anyone things it is bothersome that only one of his hands is showing and his other arm just disappears into the darkness?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlie,

Love that attitude. I'm so impressed. The pose is old fashioned and brings us to a more well-dressed time. The chair and high-healed red shoes are each adding a well-placed kick of great character detail.

Asher

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
The first photo is nicely done, if I were to be critical, yes, the one hand is somewhat dominating in the image.

The second photo is really good. Yes the other hand disappearing is a little odd but the overall photo diminishes what might be lacking. This is a photo that I am sure would be very impressive in a high quality print on the right paper. It would be much more impressive than as an online image.