• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Cellar window

Cem_Usakligil

cellar1.jpg

Cheers,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Delicate colors and light! kudos

Now, what about correcting the perspective? maybe it's not good idea though…

Cem_Usakligil

Delicate colors and light! kudos

Now, what about correcting the perspective? maybe it's not good idea though…
Hi Nicolas, thanks for the comments. I think that the perspective is better this way because it emphasizes the fact that we are looking up towards the window and the light eventually. Also, the slope of the wall on the left hand side leads the eye towards the window.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Nicolas, thanks for the comments. I think that the perspective is better this way because it emphasizes the fact that we are looking up towards the window and the light eventually. Also, the slope of the wall on the left hand side leads the eye towards the window.

Hi Cem

ths is why I wrote "maybe it's not good idea though…"…

But please keep the colors, don't convert to B&W your pictures desserves colors and don't need any salvation at all ! ; -)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Kudos for an exceptionally chosen image. It has an imposing presence. You have included nothing more than needed and it's a complete unity of a creative work. The part that tips the scale, is the slant which does make us look up. Onece again, you have placed your picture within a dichotomy of choice. Up v. down, in versus out, now v. then, present v. past. Interestingly in your pictures in these series with "Portals", there's so far, no suggestion of "future"!

Asher

I'd spend a lot of effort in preparing these for printing as they are important for your portfolio. Consider how much detail and sharpness as well as the spread of light on the glass and frame.

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

Kudos for an exceptionally chosen image. It has an imposing presence. You have included nothing more than needed and it's a complete unity of a creative work. The part that tips the scale, is the slant which does make us look up. Onece again, you have placed your picture within a dichotomy of choice. Up v. down, in versus out, now v. then, present v. past. Interestingly in your pictures in these series with "Portals", there's so far, no suggestion of "future"!

Asher

I'd spend a lot of effort in preparing these for printing as they are important for your portfolio. Consider how much detail and sharpness as well as the spread of light on the glass and frame.
Hi Asher,

This might be more praise than I can handle but thanks a lot anyway :).
Now you are making me think about my own motives which is good. What surprises me is that you perceive the suggestion future to be lacking in my "portals" and I am wondering how so? I will make a collection of my other portal images for a small portfolio when I can find the time.

Cheers,