• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mariana

Antonio Correia

Mariana is a young woman working in dentistry with lots of success. She is the daughter of someone I know for the last 500 years and she asked me to photograph her.
From a couple of decent images I post here this one which is also available in color.
I do have printed both on the usual Ilford paper etc. Great. I love these images !
I hope she feels the same when she sees them.

i-9ZvSsZp-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

She does seem to be sitting on a comfortable high plateau of he achievements, that, you have captured well. Also the scarf evokes ides of landed gentry of years past and the portraits made my great artists, with the figure having flourishes of fabric. Great job!

I wonder whether you use any backlighting to bring out the edges. The strong color of the matte is a distraction to me. Such a B&W image without a hue, IMHO, deserves a white presentation surroundings.

Incidentally, one really interesting approach I have seen is to extract the skin color of different racial types and match the matte to the color of the face. It neutralizes any sense of racial bias!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, I used an umbrella on the left side and a bare flash (580) on the right with with the built in diffuser (380).

Simple. :)

Today, I will make another portrait for a project. I will show you later on :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

This image, Antonio, is masterful in precision and detail yet so calm and relaxing! I do prefer this more muted matte color and it almost is as if her pants have such a hue too, but that is likely an appreciation that comes from my imagination only!

The limited DOF has us reaching in to meet her on her own ground and it's a very satisfying experience.

Asher