• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Autumn is here...

Dr Klaus Schmitt

21128360959_cd63206cd6_o.jpg

20694163363_c3e9cde858_o.jpg

21304607082_3421e510bc_o.jpg

21304610472_fde346c072_o.jpg

21315251465_b4439e0e9d_o.jpg

20694169363_028132c77c_o.jpg

(Carl Zeiss Lamegon 35mm wide open)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
20694163363_c3e9cde858_o.jpg

This is so impressive. The flowers petals are trans-illuminated by the bright sunlight from behind shining through them. This alone makes flowers jump out so well from the background making that flower so much more significant. But the b.g., itself, is painted as by an impressionist - there are diverging rays of light and myriads of floating spheres of aberration.

.......and the softness of the bokeh makes the b.g. concede to the flower even more power.

This is a clear demonstration of how mistaken we often are in choosing lenses with uniform documentation of "everything" - illumination, detail to the corners, and b.g., save for planned fading outside the focus plane defined by pure optics.

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher. I really like transilluminated flowers, as it is finally the light that
makes teh image, and it it just radiating. The sunrays in the images are
deliberately there as I wanted to make the light"visible"

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher. I really like transilluminated flowers, as it is finally the light that
makes teh image, and it it just radiating. The sunrays in the images are
deliberately there as I wanted to make the light"visible"

Klaus,

Is the formation of such lines essentially the same as crepuscular light in landscapes, with the light breaking through cloud cover? What governs this? Is this red-green- blue particle scattering or yellow-red Raleigh scattering and are the rays color tinged?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Nope, this happens within the lens, diffration based on the glass lenses.
Hence if you know how that happens, it can be achieved at will,

Asher Kelman

Nope, this happens within the lens, diffration based on the glass lenses.
Hence if you know how that happens, it can be achieved at will,

"if you know that happens"?

But is this at your control? Or you know it might somehow occur and adjust the angle until it does?

Asher