• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Sometimes you need a little luck...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
...as these are pretty fast...

Michael,

I was scratching my head thinking, what organ can this hummingbird have that resembles an insect's antennae! Then I remembered a reference by Maggie Terlockie, I believe in "hummingbird moths", so this must be another one such little creature and a wonderful catch!

How fast to the move from flower to flower? Do the flit as fast as hummingbirds?

Asher

Nice Shot, Michael, Nice to see you around again :)

Yes, Asher, they are the same thing except the ones that come here have a portion of their wing that is clear and you can see through it.

Michael Nagel

Hi Maggie,

Thanks.

They fly like hummingbirds, maybe there are some slight differences.

There are both varieties in Europe.

Best regards,
Michael

Andy brown

Michael, a little luck yes. A bucketload of skill too I would say.
First one is very, very good. Second one is awesome.
And what amazing creatures.

Michael Nagel

Andy, Klaus,

Thanks!

Insect macros are not my focus, both shots were from occasions I could not let pass.

-> Maggie: I like the ones in your other thread and especially the two you added later. Needs a lot of practice to get to that level!

Best regards,
Michael

Michael, I am like you, simply opportunities I could not pass by and I was just lucky to get the shots that I did.

This second one is very similar to the ones here except more brown, but has the same clearwing. They are such a surprise to find.

Love this image, by the way!!