• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Leica Super-Colorplan f2.5 90mm in late afternoon light

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Leica Super-Colorplan f2.5 90mm used in late afternoon summer light in my fav park here

28716733905_fdfd87905b_o.jpg

28100997423_dc4f8ce1f9_o.jpg

28610722542_5175555d7e_o.jpg

28100995013_110110f4aa_o.jpg

28432246070_a7b52880fe_o.jpg

28432248620_f08807149c_o.jpg

Full set is here, too many nice ones to show: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157668904112563

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Puzzling to me that sheer supremacy of beauty and photographic craft makes composition pretty unimportant.

But then it might simply be that the guidance to the framing is not calling attention to itself. But one could argue that my first statement might still be correct!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks guys + girl!

I try to frame while shooting, never crop anything afterwards and try to catch flowers at an angle which I find pleasing, enhances its beauty and structure and set against a pleasing background. It is admittedly based on my taste only, not on any formal "rules" or anyone's expectations ;-)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Klaus
You know I'm intrigued by your gear (sorry Tom!) but still I do have some wonderings…
As I'm on vacation for a few days, in a place where flowers are nice but small, I tried some shots with my 645Z and a Pentax 120 mm macro…
Nice things but so short DOF! I even started to document on stacking (playing with Helicon Focus).
Can you tell us what is the size of your camera' sensor?
I think that the 44x33 mm of the Pentax is not the best to get a large DOF :)
Also It would help (for the sake of comparison) if you could post a crop at 100% of one of your images posted here…
Thank you in advance! You'll help me understand more ::))

PS You might have a look there, if you have time.

Last edited: