• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

exhibition-impressions

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

two impressions of Martin Parr's Exhibition at Kunsthaus, Vienna

Wolfgang,

This is an extraordinary exhibition in thatcher pictures are displayed on was with highly unusual colors. The latter impact on our perception of the art by influencing and fine tuning the environment over which the picture rules as its local territory.

This is a brave action by the curator or perhaps the plan and intent of the artist!

There is more to say about your photograph in the way you disclose what had been set up.

Bravo for this originality,

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

thanks for your input, much appreciated!
Martin Parr's colorworld is really something special, but as I refer your note on the unusual colors to the second picture, I have to state, that these colors are my interpretation of the scenery there, some kind of artistic derivative ... sorry, if I caused missinterpretation!

Generally my aim on taking pictures at exhibitions (which I do everytime when the show is stimulating and taking photos is allowed) is to use the exponates as a kind of basics for my own derivatives of what I see ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher

thanks for your input, much appreciated!
Martin Parr's colorworld is really something special, but as I refer your note on the unusual colors to the second picture, I have to state, that these colors are my interpretation of the scenery there, some kind of artistic derivative ... sorry, if I caused misinterpretation!

Wolfgang,

The Yellow in the first picture covering the wall. Whose idea do you think that was? It certainly works. It also likely triggered you creation of new colored background for the other photographs in the exhibit.

Generally my aim on taking pictures at exhibitions (which I do everytime when the show is stimulating and taking photos is allowed) is to use the exponates as a kind of basics for my own derivatives of what I see ...

Yes, you took an extra step and now you own a new iteration of the artist's original in the context of your new composition, as the esthetics and signicant references and values of the pictures have been retuned under your unique and so creative direction.

This is no trivial transformation! It takes some balls to do this as one hovers between openness, insight and creativity and plagiarism. But you come out unscathed, as you do not hurt the original but pay homage too it!

I do this, (using images in a gallery for my own purposes), but with other visitors to the gallery in the frame, reflecting on the work. I have never imagined changing the wall color and that is a novel at idea!

Asher