• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Deconstructed landscape

Andy brown

I can take away most things but I struggle to remove the colour.

DSC_4797%20p%20screen%20size_zpsbgantmqf.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I can take away most things but I struggle to remove the colour.

DSC_4797%20p%20screen%20size_zpsbgantmqf.jpg

Be careful of doing that Andy!

Here you would exsanguinite this particular picture. Unless there were other architectural motifs that disrupt the tranquility and somehow add more "bite" to the construction.

Asher

Andy brown

Thanks Paul, I've got a bit of a series forming.

I'm growing to like this style as I go.
I first tried it after I saw some images (from a train I believe) by Wolfgang Plattner which I really liked.
There does seem to be something calming yet questioning about it I think.
Familiar colours and forms but still a bit cryptic.

Paul Abbott

The colours you have here are almost commanding a 3D effect. Btw, that's not the third element here...your blurring is! :)

Andy brown

The colours you have here are almost commanding a 3D effect. Btw, that's not the third element here...your blurring is! :)

Really?

Thank god!
I thought the third element might elude me forever.

I agree about the 3D effect, interesting because it's all happening in camera, very, very little pp here.
remove some dust, that's it.

Andy brown

Looking good, Andy. Obviously these are defined by they're colour and i'm wondering how far you will take that.

Thanks Paul.

Despite the fact that these are impressionistic by nature, I'm trying to keep the colour as true as I know how.
Hopefully that gives the viewer some point of reference.

Paul Abbott

One of the aspects these photos will show in the long run I feel, is the infinitesimal and limitless colour, and shades of colour variances that can be gotten through different times of day and at varying exposures. Our earth and atmosphere has such a rich and limitless palette...

Paul Abbott

I can imagine that these images would look great all printed up together, with the lightest of the colour variances at the top graduating down to the darkest at the bottom...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I can imagine that these images would look great all printed up together, with the lightest of the colour variances at the top graduating down to the darkest at the bottom...

So this would be a very tall column of horizontal colored sections? Yes that seems very bold and impressive!

Asher