• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

'When All is Said and Done...' - Project

Paul Abbott

I'm hoping I can do my latest little offerings by way of a mini project, some justice. I know what i'm looking for and I just have to find it. Start small, finish big.
As usual, it's another reactionary process with the camera, and would much rather be on the creative side of things...although, that's another story and project.

ruinedhaybale_16_1_of_1_900.jpg

West Yorkshire '16 - Paul Abbott
'When all is Said and Done...' #1​

blackplasticbaghorse_1_of_1_1024.jpg

'When all is Said and Done...' #2​

Andy brown

Paul, my mind goes straight to the extension of that saying..." When all is said and done, there's a lot more said than done!"

I look forward to an evolving series. I'm not sure I've got the essence of the title just yet but as you said, finish big.

Paul Abbott

Hey Andy, I don't want to give anything away really. I will let the pictures do the talking...there, i've said enough, already. :)
Nice of you to pick up on the last part of that quote...

Maggie, thanks for looking and c.ommenting.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
workhatonpost_1_of_1_1024.jpg

'When All is Said and Done...#3

An effective addition. Interestingly, this reminds me of some of the objects isolated in an urban or country background by Jerome Marot.

This series is fascinating for it's focus on single smaller distinct elements in a large background, like one fly on the wall!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Hey Asher, I kind of like to think that this one may be better suited surrounded by more of the same themed imagery for this project. You know, when the project is a bit fatter. It's still a nascent thing...
Obviously, an image like this works better as part of a themed series of photographs gaining power and influence, and I feel it has a little of it's own in fulfilling this project.
On face value, I took it because of the common associations that are ascribed to someone wearing a hard hat like this and it's oddly left in a rural setting that isn't of much relevance to it I thought. Anyway...

I have to be careful talking about it in any depth, because of the emotional attachment I still have through taking it. So, you saying you think it's a worthy addition pleases me...Thanks.

Can you post a link to Jerome's images please?

Paul Abbott

Btw, Wolfgang. This image was taken close by to where I live, but I had no idea these things were there. It was only through myself taking a footpath, of the beaten track and between a farmer's fields (one, that I have never walked down in my life), that I found these.
My point is, is that there is always something interesting close by, no matter where we are and no matter how jaded we become with our familiar surroundings. Sometimes our surroundings are not so familiar.

This is why I never leave home without my camera...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hey Asher, I kind of like to think that this one may be better suited surrounded by more of the same themed imagery for this project. You know, when the project is a bit fatter. It's still a nascent thing...
Obviously, an image like this works better as part of a themed series of photographs gaining power and influence, and I feel it has a little of it's own in fulfilling this project.
On face value, I took it because of the common associations that are ascribed to someone wearing a hard hat like this and it's oddly left in a rural setting that isn't of much relevance to it I thought. Anyway...

I have to be careful talking about it in any depth, because of the emotional attachment I still have through taking it. So, you saying you think it's a worthy addition pleases me...Thanks.

Paul,

I am open to your journey, realizing yo might zigzag and pause at places on the way.

Can you post a link to Jerome's images please?

Paul,

Certainly! One of his remarkable threads is here

I think there may be more. His work is quite bored, ranging from links to the works of others or comments on issues of social import. These pictures of his, framing items that others would simply pass by, has been valuable to me and I return to it from time to time.

It is wonderful to be stimulated by work of people who have a window to the word different than mine. together, we hold up lanterns and collectively, hopefully we get to see much more than we would being our sole documentarians.

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Btw, Wolfgang. This image was taken close by to where I live, but I had no idea these things were there. It was only through myself taking a footpath, of the beaten track and between a farmer's fields (one, that I have never walked down in my life), that I found these.
My point is, is that there is always something interesting close by, no matter where we are and no matter how jaded we become with our familiar surroundings. Sometimes our surroundings are not so familiar.

This is why I never leave home without my camera...

I do agree with your words, every single one of them :))))