• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The Desert...

fahim mohammed

After Georgia, Ayesha went with some girls to the northwest of my country to do some photography!!

Not far from where she was one can see across the gulf of Aqaba and on a clear day see a few countries!!

The women were doing a photo tour for images to promote that part of our country.

Here is one by Ayesha...

p695922554-5.jpg

Antonio Correia

Beautiful. Well done !

The waves of the sand in a desert are always very nice.
The blue at the top enhances the foreground.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
After Georgia, Ayesha went with some girls to the northwest of my country to do some photography!!

Not far from where she was one can see across the gulf of Aqaba and on a clear day see a few countries!!

The women were doing a photo tour for images to promote that part of our country.

Here is one by Ayesha...

p695922554-5.jpg

This is both beautiful and instructive.

Thank Ayesha for sharing!

We modernists take deserts for granted and often think of them as furlong lost places that are uninhabitable. What they miss is a major habitat that people have endured in and even prospered over the millennia. We now have glimpses of the fabulously rich life and trade that went from major centers that sprung up on thriving trade routes across the Sahara desert. This special land just needs to be understood, like a great powerful friend with dangerous tempers but great generosities and in long quiet times, endless grace.

Asher

Paul Abbott

I like this a lot. I like the 'New Topographics' quality it has, eschewing the tyranny of an idealised landscape, telling it like it is. Nice one...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Here is one by Ayesha...

p695922554-5.jpg

Shhhhhhhhh…
Now one can get sleepy… and try to forget the upcoming bad days…
Thank you Fahim, and Ayesha! for this peaceful moment : )

fahim mohammed

Antonio, Asher, Paul, Nicolas..thank you so much for stopping by.

Nicolas, 2 days ago, one of my sons sent my this iPhone image while rushing to his Thalys train to Amsterdam.

p1039764923-4.jpg

We all love France.

Best to you all.