• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Living on the edge

fahim mohammed

p771422474-5.jpg

Tom dinning

Registrant*
A powerful image, Fahim

Some might see this as a triumphant stand; others might see the futility of fighting nature.
Then again, it might be a pleasant event on a holiday.

Whichever, there's a message for us all.

Tom

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

I like this because the figure is alive. We are much more used to seeing, in such a view, a profile of a crucifix, while perhaps inspiring is not so much about the fleeting moment and bursting joy at "being", I see in this photograph.

But for me, personally, there is so much more: a mother of fine educated adults, themselves now parents and each adding so much to society. To me, it pulls from my library of remembered images, a woman from such an unlikely dry desert, in countless snapshots, climbing snow-covered mountains ......including Everest.

What's more, I know Ayesha is a real living and breathing treasure spreading love and understanding, easilly matching the path of the figure representing the New Testament iconic figure, before the cross, wandering through stories of miracles and love to our neighbors!

While I love any Hercules story, I adore seeing the transformation of real people today by the simple acts of empathy and care that ordinary souls can do for each other!

Thanks to Ayesha and all the noble mothers and grandmothers for their silent work in bring up children who all help us become civilized!

.....but then I go on again!

But it's your fault. You took the picture!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just on a technical note, Fahim,

If you chose to print this, would the picture be substantially processed and prepared so that we allocate illumination and contrast to some of the elements......or this is what would be printed?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Tom, Asher.

Thank you both for your comments. Much appreciated. For printing, I would do have to bring up the shadows and give a bit of contrast. But not overly so.

Best to you both and yours.