• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Today's artsy: at the beach

Just what we need in December! Here's a before-and-after set of a shot I took at California's Laguna Beach, post-processed with Topaz Adjust.

The original was badly backlit and flat while the after version has color and detail restored with a bit of "whimsy" added to match the human subjects.

Adjusta.jpg

Adjustb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Mike,

Just what we need in December! Here's a before-and-after set of a shot I took at California's Laguna Beach, post-processed with Topaz Adjust.

The original was badly backlit and flat while the after version has color and detail restored with a bit of "whimsy" added to match the human subjects.

Adjusta.jpg

Adjustb.jpg

The "whimsy" makes my head hurt.

The "original" is very nice. I understand that it might be good to perk it up a bit.

Maybe.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Doug! Before posting I actually toned down the "after" image from the version I saved some time ago...

I guess a good rule of thumb for any effect (photo or audio) is to do something you think is good, then back it off 50%.

I think my original looks a bit bland. Feel free to do an edit.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Mike,

Thanks Doug! Before posting I actually toned down the "after" image from the version I saved some time ago...

Woof!

I guess a good rule of thumb for any effect (photo or audio) is to do something you think is good, then back it off 50%.

Probably a good plan in most cases!

I often say of "extremely processed" images here, "Almost looks like a photograph!"

I think my original looks a bit bland. Feel free to do an edit.

No, but thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

To be clear, I too am not usually a fan of over-processed (usually way over-saturated) images, but for some reason I like what it does to this otherwise grey beach scene.

Here it is again with the saturation dialed back 50% in PS.

Adjustc.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
To be clear, I too am not usually a fan of over-processed (usually way over-saturated) images, but for some reason I like what it does to this otherwise grey beach scene.

Here it is again with the saturation dialed back 50% in PS.

Adjustc.jpg

Just perfect. It has the feel of a French Impressionist painting. Bravo. I love romance and get a thrill to see other folk happy like this. It makes my confident and positive about the future.

Where there is bonding and affection, there is hope for us all!

Asher

Now let's try some other techniques. To be honest I am usually bored by straight images; I like to "do something" to them. And to think, I used to be a photojournalist...

Adjustart1.jpg

Adjustart2.jpg

Adjustart3.jpg