• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

To the beach

Jarmo Juntunen

...or I wish it was summer already.

What's the flag for ice?

_smaller.jpg

Itsy bitsy teeny weeny

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

What's the flag for ice?

_smaller.jpg

Why does this seem to have come from 1950 or so? Am I recognizing art from the mid 20th century?

Asher

James Lemon

I would suspect that the flag is to determine wind direction? I just got back home from spending a winter in the north country but I have always enjoyed all four seasons of the year. Wonderful pics... I particularly like the third one!

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you all for your nice comments! Asher, I had the same feel about the picture. Do you think that particular tone of blue is somehow typical for the 50's?

Yes, I know. I spent most of last Autumn whining about the lack of snow. Now I can't wait to get to the warmer days! But I do need my 4 seasons.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

What's the flag for ice?

_smaller.jpg

Why does this seem to have come from 1950 or so? Am I recognizing art from the mid 20th century?

Asher

Thank you all for your nice comments! Asher, I had the same feel about the picture. Do you think that particular tone of blue is somehow typical for the 50's?

Well, Jarmo,

I looked up color palettes of the 1950's and your blue lifeguard station exactly fits those light blue pastel hues!

Asher

Fabulous images, Jarmo.. and that little lifeguard station not only the color but the shape is reminiscent of another era. Very cool and minimalist.